Work at Traders Point Creamery!
Click on the links below to view our current job openings.
We are always happy to accept applications for positions that are not currently open. You may submit the application below, and we will keep it in our files should an opportunity arise.
SCOPE OF POSITION
The candidate is responsible for the management and operation of the farm gardens that includes natural forage, fruit, vegetable, and herbs in order to provide organic produce to The Loft Restaurant & Dairy Bar as well as occasional market opportunities. Duties and skills require medium to large-scale organic produce production, ability to manage personal time, and a passion for education.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Cultivate and aesthetically maintain a ¼ acre Public Garden (raised bed system frequented by visitors) and launch production at an off-site half-acre greenhouse with up to 10 additional garden acres.
- Establish a yearly and long term plan for succession plantings, crop rotation and expected weekly harvest based on the restaurant’s produce requirements
- Communicate frequently with the Chefs and Farm Manager to formulate a list of produce varieties and quantities desired by the restaurant and/ or farm store
- Grow and maintain herbs and flowers in rooftop container system
- Operate a small indoor micro green growing system
- Communicate professionally and educationally with consumers of the restaurant, farm tours, market customers and media opportunities throughout the year
- Maintain financial records: produce sales to kitchen, market sales, sales to external parties and yearly expenses.
- Maintain garden records: plantings, crop succession and rotation, harvest total and day to day observations/gleanings
- Effectively manage volunteers as needed
- Manage a compost system using available resources from the kitchen and farm
- Coordinate with farm team for assistance with weekly garden tasks, i.e. weeding, planting, harvesting, etc.
- Demonstrate commitment to the values and mission of Traders Point Creamery
- 2-5 years of relevant organic vegetables, fruit, and herb production
- Demonstrate ability to work collaboratively with the chefs and farm manager
- Understanding of and ability to execute successional planting, crop rotation, seed propagation to seedling transplant, overhead/drip irrigation and integrated pest management within parameters of increasing soil fertility/condition in an organic system
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
- Permaculture and/or biodynamic knowledge beneficial
- College degree, certificate, or agricultural internship preferred, but not required
This is a full-time position.
If interested, please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com
We are seeking Tour Guides to join our Tours & Education department. Tour Guides conduct private tours of our organic, 100% grassfed dairy farm, creamery, and farm-to-table restaurant. If you are passionate about agritourism and place-based education, please consider becoming part of our team!
This is a part-time seasonal position, April through October. Tours are offered on Wednesdays and Thursdays, with occasional weekend tours.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Conduct scheduled private tours of our integrated farm, creamery, and restaurant to groups of all ages and sizes
- Convey consistent messaging of Traders Point Creamery’s identity and mission
- Orchestrate each tour to highlight key points of emphasis while adapting content to particular group interests
- Prepare product samples for groups as needed
- Maintain strong communication with Tour Coordinator at all times and with on-site staff during scheduled tour times
- Strong interpersonal and public speaking skills
- Flexible availability for weekdays and occasional weekends
- Interest in food production, sustainable agriculture, and agritourism. Previous experience preferred
- Quick-thinking adaptability
- High level of comfort with people of all ages
- Background in education or tourism preferred
- Ability to work in all weather conditions
Compensation: $9 per hour
Interested? Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Traders Point Creamery is looking for qualified individuals to assist with general repair and assistance of event set up at our farm, restaurant and private event venue.
Position requires some basic mechanical skills for minor maintenance and attention to detail for creating a presentable customer environment. The ability to lift and move 50 pounds is a requirement. The candidate must be available on weekends and work well in a team environment.
Compensation: Hourly TBD
Interested? Please come in and fill out an application or send your resume to email@example.com