Work at Traders Point Creamery!
Click on the links below to view our current job openings.
We are always happy to accept applications for positions that are not currently open. You may submit the application below, and we will keep it in our files should an opportunity arise.
Restaurant Manager Team
To support and advance our ongoing growth, we are seeking experienced managers and assistant managers who are passionate about service and food, with enthusiasm for working in a highly collaborative team management environment.
- Hire, train, direct, and review all FOH staff, including ensuring that they understand and can communicate our farm’s mission
- Work with management team to manage all shifts for The Loft, including daily decision-making, associate support, scheduling and planning
- Support events team to help execute private events and venue rentals
- Help maintain profit-and-loss, inventory, budgeting, and relevant accounting procedures
- Ensure positive guest experiences by touching tables and handling guest issues
- Maintain an inviting, clean, and professional dining room
- Ensure that regulatory guidelines of the food services industry are being followed by all employees
- 2+ years of management at a fine dining restaurant
- Beer and wine knowledge preferred
- Strong communication skills
- Knowledge of POS, inventory, scheduling and reservation systems
Job Type: Full-time
Compensation: Salary with benefits, based on experience
To apply, email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Seeking a gardener for the management and operation of our gardens and produce that includes natural forage, fruit, flower, vegetable, and herbs. Duties and skills require medium to large scale organic produce production, ability to manage personal time, and a passion to teach the public.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Cultivate and aesthetically maintain a ¼ acre Show Garden (frequented by visitors) and to continue production in a back area of the farm that amasses to about an acre and a half.
- Establish a yearly and long-term plan for succession plantings, crop rotation and expected weekly harvest based on the restaurant’s produce requirements
- Communicate frequently with the Chefs and Farm Manager to formulate a list of produce varieties and quantities desired by the restaurant and/ or farm store
- Grow and maintain herbs and flowers in rooftop container system
- Operate a small indoor micro green growing system
- Communicate professionally and educationally with consumers of the restaurant, farm tours, market customers, and media opportunities throughout the year
- Maintain financial records: produce sales to kitchen, market sales, sales to external parties, and yearly expenses.
- Maintain garden records: plantings, crop succession and rotation, harvest total and day to day observations/gleanings
- Effectively manage volunteers as needed
- Manage a compost system using available resources from the kitchen and farm
- Coordinate with farm team for assistance with weekly/ monthly garden tasks i.e. weeding, planting, harvesting, or building structures etc
- 2-5 years of relevant organic vegetable, fruit, and herb production
- Demonstrate ability to work collaboratively with the chefs and farm manager
- Understanding of and ability to execute successional planting, crop rotation, seed propagation to seedling transplant, overhead/drip irrigation and integrated pest management within parameters of increasing soil fertility/condition in an organic system
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
- Permaculture and/or biodynamic knowledge beneficial
- College degree, certificate, or agricultural internship highly preferred
This is a Full-Time position, with benefits
To apply, email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Indiana’s first Certified Organic Dairy Plant, Traders Point Creamery, is looking for a qualified Assistant Cheesemaker.
- Cleaning and sanitizing of cheese process equipment and aging room
- Assist in the packaging of products
- Accomplish routine, daily and weekly cleaning responsibilities
- Perform other tasks as assigned by Manager
- Experience in a food production environment required
- Ability to lift 50 lbs
- Must be self motivated, detail oriented and work independently without direct supervision
- Knowledge of food cleaning and sanitation processes a plus
- Willingness to work in a team oriented environment
Full-time position. $10/hour.
To apply, email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Fine Dining & Event Servers
Our organic farmstead restaurant is looking for highly skilled servers to join our team! Your hospitality and expertise in food, wine, and our farm-to-table story are essential to help engage guests in the unique dining experience we offer.
Opportunities available for private dining service to high end guests in our private event room. Exquisite guest service and consistent execution of details required for this position.
If interested, please come in to speak with a manager and fill out an application or email your resume to email@example.com.
Our organic farmstead restaurant is looking for cooks. Seeking an experienced cook with the proven ability, stamina and passion that is knowledgeable in current cuisine with a focus on upscale fine dining. We cook from scratch and need cooks who are passionate about creating the best dining experience in the city – in our restaurant or private banquets in our on-site event venues.
Follows recipes and presentation specifications
Ability to work grill, sauté and pantry efficiently
Ideal candidate must be creative and able to work well with others under pressure
If interested, please come in to fill out an application or email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are seeking Tour Guides to join our Tours & Education department. Tour Guides conduct private tours of our organic, 100% grassfed dairy farm, creamery, and farm-to-table restaurant. If you are passionate about agritourism and place-based education, please consider becoming part of our team!
This is a part-time seasonal position, April through October. Tours are offered on Mondays, Wednesdays and Thursdays, with occasional weekend tours.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Conduct scheduled private tours of our integrated farm, creamery, and restaurant to groups of all ages and sizes
- Convey consistent messaging of Traders Point Creamery’s identity and mission
- Orchestrate each tour to highlight key points of emphasis while adapting content to particular group interests
- Prepare product samples for groups as needed
- Maintain strong communication with Tour Coordinator at all times and with on-site staff during scheduled tour times
- Strong interpersonal and public speaking skills
- Flexible availability for weekdays and occasional weekends
- Interest in food production, sustainable agriculture, and agritourism. Previous experience preferred
- Quick-thinking adaptability
- High level of comfort with people of all ages
- Background in education or tourism preferred
- Ability to work in all weather conditions
Compensation: $10 per hour
Interested? Please send your resume to email@example.com