This recipe is a delicious way to add more protein and nourishment to your beloved mashed potatoes! We’ve been enjoying our first potato harvests for the summer from our garden these last few weeks, and this recipe is a lovely way to enjoy them, topped with fresh chives from the garden. Give this recipe a try and let us know what you think!
from Noah Judd, our Production Supervisor
- 6 red potatoes (medium sized)
- 8-10 oz. Traders Point Creamery cottage cheese
- 4 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp Traders Point Creamery whole milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Chives, for garnish
- Thoroughly wash the potatoes but leave the skins on. Cut potatoes into approximately 1/2″ wedges.
- In medium saucepan bring 2 quarts of water to a coil and place the potatoes in the water. Boil until soft and breakable.
- Drain water out of pan. Add butter, cottage cheese, and whole milk. Thoroughly combine using a potato masher. Add more cottage cheese and milk if necessary for desired consistency.
- Salt and pepper to taste. Serve garnished with chives. Enjoy!